As a personal trainer, I have had hundreds of conversations with people about their bodies. Particularly how they are unhappy, frustrated, and sometimes even disgusted with their bodies. The ability to love oneself seems to be a lost art. Most are so very quick to judge how they look and their ability or inability to stay focused on goals.
Your body and energy levels are a result of what you have eaten, the workouts you have done and your mindset about your worth over the past several months, and maybe even years. There is nothing and no one with whom to find fault. If you are not happy with your body and energy levels, change your actions and you will create a new version of yourself. Love the body you now have; you created it, after all. Your body is what your soul uses to get the work done it came here to do. Not loving your body and yourself does nothing to serve you, nor those around you. If you are not able to unconditionally love yourself, how can you expect others to do so? How are you going to find it possible to love others unconditionally if you judge yourself?
We are still early in a new year, a time to wipe the slate clean of all past habits we now know do not serve us. Simply decide to do so. Yes, you may slip up at times and fall back into old ways. You are human after all. Staying present and aware will quickly and effortlessly allow you to acknowledge your attachment to old patterns, and make a conscious choice to act on the new behavior(s).
Always remember, life is a journey. Enjoy the process. Love yourself as you seek change. Judging less, accepting more is the way to increase flow into your life. Being in flow is what a peaceful, happy, and abundant life is about. I encourage you to adapt a mindset of flow and watch miracles happen, not only in your physical body but in creating more loving relationships with those with whom you interact.
Here are seven habits to adopt today to inspire more self-acceptance and self-love. Ingrain these actions and behaviors into your being. Make them as much a part of your life as breathing.
1. Drink water, lots of it, every day. Aim for one litre of water for every 40lbs body weight.
2. Eat more raw veggies. Commit to eating at least one raw leafy green salad every day.
3. Walk at a brisk pace for 20 minutes minimum daily or skip for 10 minutes, preferably outside. Dress for the weather. Work your way up to this amount of time if you are new to moving your body in any way other than to get off the couch to get to the remote and back.
4. Complete an intense body weight or weighted workout for 30 minutes at least every other day, or a shorter intense workout daily. You can find examples of these here or here.
5. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh and feel good. It is as important to your health as eating and moving.
6. Be grateful every day for the blessings in your life and write them down daily. Write a minimum of five wonders in your life before bed or first thing in the morning. Focusing on the good in your life will simply bring more of it to you. Who doesn’t want that?
7. Turn off the TV. Spend more time reading books, or listening to audio recordings that inspire you to think outside the box, expand your mind, bring hope to how you view the future and allow you to feel better in the now. Watch your entire world improve.
I wish you the greatest success in creating pure unadulterated love and peace in your life.
Love and Light,
Sandra O’Brien is mother to the world’s three most fabulous children. She is also a Law of Attraction Life Coach, Personal Trainer, and Reiki healer. She is creator of the Bootcamp Goddess system, a female fitness program to blowtorch body fat, sculpt sexy lean muscle and empower women everywhere to be the best version of themselves, inside and out. She enjoys the ocean, fire walking, reading, long walks, meditation, men in linen shirts and a full moon.