Meditation: Invocations for Change, by Parvati Devi
If we are going to get rid of excess and meet the energy of spring, we will meet the energy of change. Acceptance is not blind and resigned, but active and awake. Life is not happening to you; you are an active co-creator in actualizing what is. You are not an isolated island, but part of an intelligent whole. So try this exercise to help you feel more rooted, expansive and vital in your life and embrace the possibility of change:
1. Find a quiet place to lie on your back, so that you can relax without the risk of falling asleep. Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the ground, hip width apart, so that your breathing is easy, deep and relaxed.
2. Breathe into your belly, allowing the rhythm of the breath to bring your mind deeper into this moment, into your body, into the feeling of the here and now.
3. Go deeper into yourself and feel the connection your body has with the floor. Then feel the connection your breath has with the outside air and how it flows into your body. Know that the air you breathe that feeds your being is also connected to all of life, all animals, all humans, all things alive.
4. Take a moment to feel that interconnection between you, life and all things. Feel the immense possibility of life itself. Allow your being to expand, to open to this life force that is in you, around you, everywhere.
5. Stay rooted in your body by still feeling the ground, your breath, and include the expansive awareness you also feel. Allow yourself to open to receive this possibility in this moment, feel it in your breath and in your cells.
6. While maintaining that presence, say to yourself:
I am supported. I am open, ready and willing to receive support. I am. I am. I am.
Feel that truth in your whole being. Repeat it as though you are feeding your cells with its lush, rich expansiveness. Repeat it until you truly feel it. Then say:
I am open to abundance. I am open, ready and willing to receive abundance. I am. I am. I am.
Feel that truth in your whole being. Repeat it as though you are feeding your cells with its lush, rich expansiveness. Repeat it until you truly feel it.
Keep going, making statements that feel expansive and that are about yourself. Keep the focus within and on yourself, not on another. Focus on the positive possibilities of being you, not on wanting to change either your own or someone else’s impossibilities. Be present with the possibilities of the now. Change happens exactly where you are.
Parvati Devi is the editor-in-chief of Parvati Magazine. In addition to being an internationally acclaimed Canadian singer, songwriter, producer and performer, she is a yoga teacher and holistic educator, having studied yoga and meditation since 1987, and developed her own yoga teaching style called YEM™: Yoga as Energy Medicine. Her current show, “Natamba”, brings forward a conscious energy into the pop mainstream.